Two Ohio Valley Employees Receive Certification
Jennifer Frey, RN, CCM and Mary Anne Carter, MA, LSW, CCM recently achieved their Case Management Certification through the Commission for Case Management.
Jennifer currently works at the Wheeling, WV Campus, and Mary Anne at the Belmont Campus, Ohio. To receive certification, the qualified candidates must prepare for and pass the Certified Case Management examination.
The board-certified case managers demonstrate they have the expertise, knowledge and professional experience to provide the appropriate services to patients across the continuum of care.
To maintain their credentials, board-certified case managers must comply with the Code of Professional Conduct for Case Managers, which is enforced by the Commission.
Quick Facts About Board Certified Case Managers:
- Board-certified case managers number more than 35,000 today
- Board-certified case managers live and work in all 50 states, U.S. territories and abroad
- Nearly 50,000 case managers have earned the CCM since 1992
- The percentage of employers who require board-certification is growing, 40.2% in 2014 vs. 36% in 2004
- More employers offer additional compensation for board-certification, 29.9% in 2014 vs. 20% in 2004