Develop your skills working in complex patient care within an inter-disciplinary setting. Leave work everyday knowing you made a difference in someone’s life !
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the direct and indirect nursing care of all age appropriate patients. He/she is also responsible for the overall direction and supervision of all patient care during his/her shift. Demonstrates the knowledge and skill to carry out the nursing process when providing care to patients. Satisfies the established standards of the nursing practice. Supervises and delegates patient care tasks. Promotes teamwork with physicians and personnel of other departments.
- Assesses patient’s condition, learning needs and family dynamics based on systematic data collection utilizing assessment skills and tools appropriate to the respective practice area.
- Develops a comprehensive plan of care and discharge plan based on the nursing assessment and integration of the medical plan utilizing patient’s family and other health care team members.
- Implements patient care and prioritizes and collaborates with health team members as necessary.
- Coordinates and delegates the delivery of care provided by selected members of the health care team.
- Monitors and follows all procedures regarding patient telemetry; documents alarms, gives shift reports and reports any malfunction or equipment failure.
- Evaluates outcomes of the patient care planning and teaching, collaborating and coordinating with other health care team members to revise the plan according to the changing needs of the patient.
- Communicates effectively and appropriately to patient, family and other health care providers.
- Participates in the orientation and education of personnel and students.
MANDATORY QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION)
Graduate of accredited School of Nursing
Current RN license to practice in the state of Ohio/WV
Two (2) years hospital-based clinical nursing experience as an RN in a similar clinical area preferred
Current BCLS; ACLS required after one year and ACLS
Demonstrates clinical, leadership and managerial abilities
Working knowledge and ability to apply professional standards of practice in job situations
Working knowledge of computer and software applications used in job functions (i.e. Microsoft Office products, data entry, etc.)
Knowledge of regulatory standards, compliance requirements and hospital polices and procedures
Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral and/or diagram form
Ability to define and solve problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions
Strong organizational and analytical skills
Ability to deal with high stress environment
Ability to speak, read and write English
Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing
Click here to apply